Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error Gap in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomsCircuit

Made this using Design Spark.
2 layer board. All smd components. 2 connectors
After i add the pours (top and Bottom) i run the rule checker i get this single error (Gap in Net (bottom Copper)
Perhaps I should not have a bottom copper pour? Could you fellas help me solve this?

ER-gap in net.png
ER-gap in net2.png

Made this using Design Spark.
2 layer board. All smd components. 2 connectors
After i add the pours (top and Bottom) i run the rule checker i get this single error (Gap in Net (bottom Copper)
Perhaps I should not have a bottom copper pour? Could you fellas help me solve this?

View attachment 134472View attachment 134473

I would use a ground pour on bottom too. Use thru hole parts for the main power supply input pins (they'll provide some strain relief as well). Then use those to connect power to the planes (or tracks) on both sides of board if needed.

My guess is that there is no way to route the ground pins on the surface mount components as they are all on the upper layer. Can you add vias next to each ground pin on the upper layer.

Mike.

I would use a ground pour on bottom too. Use thru hole parts for the main power supply input pins (they'll provide some strain relief as well). Then use those to connect power to the planes (or tracks) on both sides of board if needed.
My layout was set up as you described. I re-added the bottom pour. It is now all good. No errors or vias. Shown with pours removed.
Gap Fixed.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back