Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hesam Kamalan

Hi there,
i am writting a program for petrol pump.we have a shaft encoder that rotates with streem of petrol, and two counters, after counting we have two varius numbers. error is about 1%. i write much more programs for correcting of this error, but we can not find that where is error. if you so, guide me please.

Do you have the schematic and software? That would help if I understand you are looking for help debugging a counter program?

Ok, so are you saying you can't find were the error is coming from? It can only be hardware or software.

Have you swapped the outputs from the encoders to see if the error (number of counts per decoder) also swaps? i.e. if enc1 normally give 99 and enc2 normally gives 100 then does swapping the outputs give enc1=100 and enc2=99? if so then I suspect a hardware problem.

It's a bit difficult to help, can you be a little more specific on your exact problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back