Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

error at 0x0000 with pic 16f628

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdog306smhs

Help Please,

I am new to programming a pic and i need some desperate help with programming my pic. I have a PIC16F628-041/p chip and i have tried programming it with my two different home made programmers one is a serial JDM and the other is a Parallel P16PRO. I have also use the many different common software out there and they all keep giving me the same error. Verify Failed at 0x0000. I am trying to make a mood light for my design project at my community college (SCC). I am cutting it close to getting my project done and this is the last thing that i got to do. I have read all different forms about this pic but i cant figure out why i cant get mine to program. I am going to upload the hex files and the other information that i got for this project. Also i got my parallel port programmer from winpicprog.co.uk and my serial port programmer from talkingelectronics.com. then to multi chip programmer

My project is from this site http://tobe.nimio.info/rgb_mood_light.php
Hex File **broken link removed**

If someone could help me with this I would be very happy and less frustrated with trying to programming this chip, my teacher will all by happy to

Thanks,
Bigdog306smhs

bigdog306smhs said:
so i could use a 24v power supply and that should work or something a little lower

As long as the components you've used are rated high enough it should be OK, but keep an eye on how hot the regulators get.

bigdog306smhs said:
ok how much is supposed to be at each pin and what do you mean use the manual toggle buttons?

WinPicProg has manual toggle buttons so you can set the output pins high or low - Vpp should be near 13V, and the data and clock lines should be near 5V.

when i am checking the voltage output there is 5v coming from vcc like it is supposed to but 7v from vpp i thought that it was supposed to be 13v?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back