Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eric Clapton's autobiography

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabeNC

Just finished reading Clapton's autobiography. I know there are quite a few musicians on the board and of course lots of people from the UK. He went into great detail on his past drug and alcohol abuse and it's surprising that he survived. It was dark but it's great to see him putting so much into his drug rehab center, even selling his prize guitars to fund it. That would be hard to do... I'd rather sell my house than part with my guitars. :D

He played with just about everyone in rock/folk history from Hendrix to Crosby, Bob Dylan, donovan, stones, beatles, muddy waters.

anyway, don't know if anyone else has read it but it's worth picking up.

Just finished reading Clapton's autobiography. I know there are quite a few musicians on the board and of course lots of people from the UK. He went into great detail on his past drug and alcohol abuse and it's surprising that he survived. It was dark but it's great to see him putting so much into his drug rehab center, even selling his prize guitars to fund it. That would be hard to do... I'd rather sell my house than part with my guitars. :D

He played with just about everyone in rock/folk history from Hendrix to Crosby, Bob Dylan, donovan, stones, beatles, muddy waters.

anyway, don't know if anyone else has read it but it's worth picking up.

No but I bet it's good. I never could figure how he got the name "slow hand" when he was anything but. I think the thing that impressed me the most about him was his rhythm, in the way he could put together those licks and they would be right on Que!

'slow hand' apparently comes from the length of time it used to take him to tune his guitar before playing.
I like his music and a couple of years ago my wife bought me tickets to see him in concert; good seats, cost quite a bit, a lot of talent on display. The concert also confirmed my first impressions that he is an arrogant tw@t. He behaved as if the audience were unwanted intruders. I have heard the same from others at other concerts. I still listen to his music though even though I don't like his manners.

'slow hand' apparently comes from the length of time it used to take him to tune his guitar before playing.
I like his music and a couple of years ago my wife bought me tickets to see him in concert; good seats, cost quite a bit, a lot of talent on display. The concert also confirmed my first impressions that he is an arrogant tw@t. He behaved as if the audience were unwanted intruders. I have heard the same from others at other concerts. I still listen to his music though even though I don't like his manners.

Yeah, well he ain't like he was back in Cream, but he's still got it last I saw him.

According to the book, at one of his early concerts everyone was clapping slowly while his was changing a broken string.

According to the book, at one of his early concerts everyone was clapping slowly while his was changing a broken string.

So that's why they call him slow hand...speedy?

You know, I always thought and no one ever told me this, but trying to figure it out. I thought it might have been one of his old band members from the Yard Birds maybe ego tripping a little. You know who I'm talking about? Even played with him in Mayall's Blues Breakers. Now this guy was fast!!!

.....yep....Page

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back