Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Equivalent to BAT42

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero.sl

Hello guyz..
I'm trying to build the PIC programmer listed in the following site
(PIC Programmer for Windows - Help Index) to program my PIC16F628A MCU. The diode, BAT42 is not available in the local market(I'm from Sri Lanka) and it is useless to order few diodes online(well thy don't allow). Could someone plz tell me an equivalent diode for BAT42 to use in the above circuit? Thanks.

ps. I saw few posts about the "Blue Room Electronics" Programmer. But I cant view that site.. dunno why :(

Hello guyz..
I'm trying to build the PIC programmer listed in the following site
(PIC Programmer for Windows - Help Index) to program my PIC16F628A MCU. The diode, BAT42 is not available in the local market(I'm from Sri Lanka) and it is useless to order few diodes online(well thy don't allow). Could someone plz tell me an equivalent diode for BAT42 to use in the above circuit? Thanks.

ps. I saw few posts about the "Blue Room Electronics" Programmer. But I cant view that site.. dunno why :(

hi,
This is the datasheet for the BAT42, you require a low turn on voltage Schottky diode.

Attachments

• BAT42.pdf
    45.3 KB · Views: 565
hi,
This is the datasheet for the BAT42, you require a low turn on voltage Schottky diode.

Thanks Eric. I got the datasheet. Could you please suggest a diode? I'm not an expert in electronics, so I guess it will be good to ask it from you. :D Thanks

Thanks Eric. I got the datasheet. Could you please suggest a diode? I'm not an expert in electronics, so I guess it will be good to ask it from you. :D Thanks

Have looked, they are the BAT series.
I'll look at the circuit.

Rectifier - Schottky | Farnell UK

EDIT:
the circuit is using these BAT42's as clamping diodes for the RS232 lines into the PIC. It recommend a diode with<=500mVfwd.

Can you get BAT85's.?

Did you see the note regarding the unreliabilty of this prommer.!

Last edited:
The BAT42s aren't required. The Pics internal clamping diodes do the same job. The version with the external power supply is actually very good, I used it for many years before I got an ICD2 without problems.

Mike.
P.S. This is the circuit I'm referring to,
**broken link removed**
Note, both the 12V and 5V supplies are not generated from the RS232 connection.

I don't think I will be able to see a BAT diode unless I go abroad. :D

Ya I was also not sure about the circuit. But now Mike confirmed that the circuit is working. So I'll forget the clamping diodes and continue..

Thanks a lot (Y)

EDIT:
Do I have to connect Pin 12 or Pin 13 with Pin 14 when the diodes are removed?
and Pin 14 should be connected with only 1k Resistor,Capacitor and Zener?
(sorry for off topic)

Last edited:
Just remove the diodes. There is no need to connect any pins together.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back