Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Equivalent PNP-transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boncuk

Hi All,

I am looking for the equivalent of a TOSHIBA-PNP transistor RN2221 with built in bias resistors.

The package is TO92. The RN2221 has two 1KOhm resistors built in.

Any info?

Thank you.

Hans

Last edited:
Hi Nigel,

may be that applies in English speaking countries. At NXP (Philips) they just call them "resistor equipped bipolar transistors".

However I found a suitable substitute for the RN2221. The type name is PDTB113E (package SOT54, similar to TO92), just in case somebody else wants to save parts on a PCB.

Hans

mneary said:
If you shop at http://www.ROHM.co.jp you would be looking for digital transistors.

Hi mneary,

thanks for the hint. Without detour the site's name is http://www.rohm.com. For Europe it is **broken link removed**.

I signed up yesterday night and waiting for approval. (club card :D )

Hans

I'm sure there are lots of them. They're just designed to buffer microcontroller outputs for things like relays.

It'd be handy if you could get them in four pin packages, with a built-in freewheel diode so relays can be switched with no external components.

Hero999 said:
I'm sure there are lots of them. They're just designed to buffer microcontroller outputs for things like relays.

It'd be handy if you could get them in four pin packages, with a built-in freewheel diode so relays can be switched with no external components.

They are usually far too small for that, they are normally only low signal devices, inverting and switching data - you get them all over TV's, VCR's etc.

Most of them have a TO-92 package. They are available from 100mA to 800mA collector current, enough to control a relay.

Examples: RN2221 800mA, DTB113E 500mA

to hero999: They are available with free wheeling diodes as arrays of the "ULN"-family.

Hans

Last edited:
Rohm makes devices they call "complex transistors", including some with both 100mA digital transistor and freewheeling diode. Look for **broken link removed** and **broken link removed**. They are in 5-pin packages, outside dimensions 1.6 x 1.6 mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back