Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

equipments that detecting hidden camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

prevent_crime

I know nothing about electronic and like to receive some help.

I need a way to detect hidden camera in the public restroom. I been researching this and have not find a solution yet. I heard about some of the higher end devices that would cost ten of thousands of dollars. but they are beyond my budget.

I suspect the hidden camera transmit its signal via wired cable.

I remember about a tool/glass/specs, by looking through it around the room, it will highlight the hidden camera thingies...I forgot the details regarding that.

BTW, are you from Kerala? :D

I see, who are you?

I can give you two methods for spy cam detection:
1.) Search through the entire possible wireless camera frequencies eg: 500MHz -4GHz.(Works well for wireless cams)
2.) Use reflection detection method using IR beam(I have not much idea about that, but they says it works!)

Peoples can wear a camera face-mask built using IR emitters while entering to a public restroom. For eg, if you scatter a couple of IR LED's on your cap front, the camera can't detect your face but body, better than being recognized :)

I know nothing about electronic and like to receive some help.

I need a way to detect hidden camera in the public restroom. I been researching this and have not find a solution yet. I heard about some of the higher end devices that would cost ten of thousands of dollars. but they are beyond my budget.

I suspect the hidden camera transmit its signal via wired cable.

If it connects via wired cable it's very likely you can't detect it (at least not easily or portably), but if it transmits via RF you should be able to detect it with a suitable scanner or spectrum analyser.

Hi prevent crime,

you might find that article useful.

Boncuk

Attachments

• hiddencams.pdf
    258.1 KB · Views: 253
I did heard about the IR reflection method. but how did it work? does it work for both wireless and wired camera?

how small the camera be? can I be as small as the tip of a pencil (both the lens and the body)

it appear the camera can be remotely control to zoom in and zoom out. or even be turn off altogether.
what is the likely frequency range being used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back