Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EPROM question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

raphaelriv

This question relates to its use on battery protection circuitry of LiOns. Basically i been looking at some chargers more specifically a re-conditioning pulse charger like a Motorola Impress (WPLN4111) as an example and some battery packs that work on this charger like the NuOn NU8923Li and its honeywell counterpart. I seen the circuitry that these packs use and aside from the caps, resistors, diodes, thermistor, mosfets i see an E-PROM (S-29X90A series - 8 pins) CMOS serial E-prom, now i seen these: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2006/08/BATTERY_MANAGEMENT_8-1.pdf

my understading about e-proms is not deep at all... (**broken link removed**) .. just some reading i beeen doing ... but i guess i lack some more understanding..

my questions are can an E-PROM if program be viewed and copy that of a MAXIM chip... or its role is to talk to the radio or charger only and let another chip do the battery gauging/. i am not too familiar with these and i been looking for ways to read an E-PROM any suggestion how one could go about it ?... any help would be appreciated it ....:D

Last edited:
mhh i think that by pluggin in the device reads the memory and then knows that its plugged in to a charger... also the working hours could be stored in their if the product is sended to fabric or something..

Tks

the mobile phone could register in the eeprom the time it has been charging..sow in the eeprom of the charger its total duty time is registered...

if it breaks you know that it has done his job for x hours...

etc..

yes you can read quet easy the contents of that chip just find the model etc.. and hookup to its data and clock lines..check also his adress

Tks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back