Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eprom Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRexall

I could be getting in way over my head here but I heard there was a way of making a frequency counter from an Eprom chip,is there a circuit for this?
Id be using 2706 Eproms.

I could be getting in way over my head here but I heard there was a way of making a frequency counter from an Eprom chip,is there a circuit for this?
Id be using 2706 Eproms.

The Smithsonian called. They want their Eproms back :)

Freq counter with an Eprom, can't say I have ever heard of such a thing. I do remember hearing of a freq generator using a Eprom and a DAQ.

Seems a shame to just let these things gather dust,without putting them to good use,yea the Smithsonian or the IC Museum:)

There comes a time, when ya just gotta let go :)

I would suggest they were used for decoding the outputs of the counters, to feed the displays correctly (as a look-up table) - but this is only a very small part of the frequency counter.

I am just wondering how you would program the Eproms. Set of dip switches for address, another set for data, and a morse keyer to input :)
J/K

I am just wondering how you would program the Eproms. Set of dip switches for address, another set for data, and a morse keyer to input :)
J/K

hi Mike,
By using a PC's parallel port and a couple of address 8 bit latches, you can program an EPROM in that way.

By using a PC's parallel port and a couple of address 8 bit latches, you can program an EPROM in that way.
I assume you're talking about a device in the same time frame as the 2708. It required three supply voltages, (-5, +5, +12).

I assume you're talking about a device in the same time frame as the 2708. It required three supply voltages, (-5, +5, +12).

I'm talking time frame of 2716/32 +5V and Vpp.
I found a small dc to dc convertor for the +5V to Vpp conversion worked OK.

Its obvious he will require the appropiate power supplies to suit the 2708.

I'm talking time frame of 2716/32 +5V and Vpp.
I found a small dc to dc convertor for the +5V to Vpp conversion worked OK.

Its obvious he will require the appropiate power supplies to suit the 2708.

With all the effort involved to do such a thing. I think it would be far easier to just get some modern parts. :)

With all the effort involved to do such a thing. I think it would be far easier to just get some modern parts. :)

Hi Mike,
Thats the problem with vintage parts, they are interesting but not practical for new designs.

As I found myself unwilling to part with some of my old vintage parts. I made use of them as I felt bad parting with them.

I mounted some in a deep frame and arranged them such as to look sorta like art.

I also have used a bunch of vintage parts to make little art characters like my thermoman in the pic :)

There is always some way to cling to old stuff...lol until the wife say's "No more!"

hehe

Attachments

• thermoman.jpg
    thermoman.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 176
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back