Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EPROM and E2PROM help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can I find information about, how to use an EPROM and an E2PROM?

Electronics4you said:
Where can I find information about, how to use an EPROM and an E2PROM?

There's not a great deal to know?.

An EPROM is an "Electrically Programmable Read Only Memory", and is mostly a standard memory chip, with address and data lines. Usually they can be erased with UV light, but some may be OTP (One Time Progammable). EPROM's are very old technology, and not often used these days.

An EEPROM is "Electrically Eraseable Programmable Read Only Memory", most of these devices are small 8 dip ones, with I2C interfaces. Because of this they are slow devices, usually used for remebering occasionally chnaging data, such as program tuning in TV sets etc. They can be over written without erasing the entire device.

You can also get EEPROM's that replace the EPROM type chips, with address and data lines, you can also get 'FLASH' chips in this format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back