Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Enquiry For Math

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermaine

May i know how to solve this eqn?
Finding energy signal of a periodic signal
Ex= integrate from infinity to -infinity (Acos(2 pi fo t))^2 dt?
Any one can help me?

The integral of:

A*Cos(2*PI*t)^2 with respect to "t" from -inf to +inf is:

/inf
|
| A cos(2 pi t)^2 dt = Infinity
/-inf

The integral

/
| A cos(2 pi t) dt
|
/

has a solution

[ A( 1/2cos(2 pi t) sin(2 pi t) + pi t) ] / 2*pi + C

I can't remember exactly the forumla to calculate the enrergy of a periodic signal nor can i find it on the web, but if it is simply the integral of your signal from neg. inf. to inf., then your energy will be infinite. Since your signal is a sinusoid squared, when you integrate something that's all-positive and periodic from neg. inf. to inf., you get infinity as your answer. As for the math, use the double-angle formula (cos^2(x) = 1/2 + cos(2x)/2 ) to simplify that integral; you shouldn't have a problem from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back