Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Engine Control Unit (ECU) for EFI Engines

Status
Not open for further replies.

hameeds01

Hello Guys,

i made my own Engine Control Unit ECU using PIC Microcontroller
have a look at it

This ECU has following features:
1) Adjustable Idling Speed + Idling Speed Regulation.
2) Cold Start feature for better cranking in winters. Just starts in first Attempt.(Batch + Sequencial Injector firing)
3) Fully Controllable Ignition Timing (Advance/Retard) no need for Advancer in case of CNG.
4) Injector Duty Cycle is Programmable (Rich/Lean).
5) Cooling FAN can be set at any Temperature. to run the Engine at Optimum Temperature for maximum performance.
6) Fuel Pump runs only if Engine is running.
7) One can tune it for High Performance Vehciles to extract maximum output from the Engine.
8) It can be set on Economical Mode for Extra Fuel Saving.
9) Engine Maximum RPM can be limited at any set point. To enhance the Engine Life.
10) Injectors can be disabled just by giving one Pulse so there’s no need of Emulator for CNG.

ECU Inputs:
Intake Air Temperature Sensor, Throttle Position Sensor, Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor, O2 Sensor, Oil Pressure Sensor, Knocking Sensor, Coolant Temperature Sensor, CAM position Sensor, Crank Angle Sensor, VVT Feedback Sensor.

ECU Outputs:
3-Fuel Injectors, 3-Ignition Coils, Idling Air Control Valve, VVT Solenoid, Purge Valve, Radiator cooling FAN, Fuel Pump, + RS232 port for Data Monitoring

Best Regards
Asad Hameed

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't there be a link or something?

SWEET!!! The link is there now, and working - just like your engine! I was expecting just a simple ignition driver, but it looks like you've got the whole 9 yards in there, fuel injectors, cam sensor - everything! Did you write the code, too?

And as a native Southerner, I approve of the "Redneck Gas Tank".

Last edited:
SWEET!!! The link is there now, and working - just like your engine! I was expecting just a simple ignition driver, but it looks like you've got the whole 9 yards in there.

And as a native Southerner, I approve of the "Redneck Gas Tank".

Thank you Sir i am just a Carzy Engineer, Engines r my real Love.

this ECU looks simple but infact its really Complex

Any plans to publish a full DIY circuit diagram and related programming for us other automotive tinkerers to experiment with?

I would love to get a look at a setup that could be adapted to work with 6, 8, and 10 cylinder engines! :D

A quick question, what vehicle was that engine taken from?

A comment, what you have looks good, but there is no way to test the power produced by the engine.
You could do with some kind of a load or redneck dynamometer to do some power testing under load.

JimB

Oooh - "redneck dynamometer", just seeing those words together gives me shivers. What would it be? A paddle in a pot? Rope around an oil drum? Maybe it hauls an anvil up a Carolina pine in such-and-such a time. Lots of nifty possibilities here. "Hey, y'all - watch this!" Vroom... VROOOM... WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH... thunk! 2.8 seconds. 50 pounds 30 feet in 2.8 seconds = .974 HP. Going to need a bigger anvil.

Any plans to publish a full DIY circuit diagram and related programming for us other automotive tinkerers to experiment with?

I would love to get a look at a setup that could be adapted to work with 6, 8, and 10 cylinder engines! :D

yup once i integrate it to a single PCB then i would share the details, dude this ECU can run only 1,2,3 & 4 Cylinder engines with lil modification.

A quick question, what vehicle was that engine taken from?

A comment, what you have looks good, but there is no way to test the power produced by the engine.
You could do with some kind of a load or redneck dynamometer to do some power testing under load.

JimB

the Engine is taken from Suzuki Jimny its a "K6A VVT DOHC 12 Valves 660cc"

yup u r right i need a Redneck dynamometer in order to test its performance underload,

Oooh - "redneck dynamometer", just seeing those words together gives me shivers. What would it be?
I thought about this a long time ago, the idea never got off the ground.
What I had in mind was a disc brake, probably immersed in a water to help keep it cool (ish!).
A torque arm holding the caliper assembly, with some kind of load cell to measure the force on the end of the torque arm.

Then, knowing the rotational speed of the disc, the length of the torque arm and the force on the end of it, the BHP produced is an easy calculation.

I must admit, the idea of pulling an anvil up a tree does have a nice Darwin Award quality about it!

JimB

dude this ECU can run only 1,2,3 & 4 Cylinder engines with lil modification.

Thats a shame being I don't own or even want anything that has a fuel injected 4 cylinder engine.:(

Everything I have that is fuel injected is V8 or V10 powered.:D

That looks great!

You've included the features that I hope to implement in my project and a couple more besides. Excellent.

How did you handle the advance problem? I've been thinking about how best to deal with that. A couple of ways have occurred to me but I'd like to know what you did.

Cheers,

Gearhead

A marvelous example of the real world application of electronic creativity.

And I bet it was loads, LOADS of fun...

Thats a shame being I don't own or even want anything that has a fuel injected 4 cylinder engine.:(

Everything I have that is fuel injected is V8 or V10 powered.:D

Sir i am a poor guy from a 3rd world country i can't afford 6, 8 & 10 Cylinders Engine, here we have only 3 & 4 Cylinders Engine.

hameeds01 said:
yeah u r right Sir i made it because i have no JOB & no Employment.

I did not mean to be glib. My apologies.

I hope that somebody out there see's what you've shown us and has the sense to give you a job.

Tata Motors is hiring. If I was you I'd walk straight in the front door and show that controller to the VP of engineering. If they're too stupid to hire you, go to their competitors.

Tata Motors is hiring. If I was you I'd walk straight in the front door and show that controller to the VP of engineering. If they're too stupid to hire you, go to their competitors.

Sir i made it with a hope that maybe someone will offer me a JOB, Sir i am from a Third World Country where there is almost no industry, we do just assembling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back