Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Energy measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

xshiva

How to measure energy (V*I*cosΦ)*t using micro controller.. controller type is not a barrier... I have an idea... I'm going to use a CT,PT for current and voltage measurement, how to calculate cosΦ, multiply that with t...

I did a power meter using CT and PT, and filter the rectified AC voltage at the output of each transformer, and the maximum value of voltage or current line as related to 5Vdc, the conditioning circuit output, which is connected an ADC. This is the easiest way and with less precision. There is another which is taking N samples and to obtain the average value.

To measure the F.P. circuits need zero-crossing detector for current and voltage, usually gets a high resistance connected to a interruption of the microcontroller, and measures the time it takes a interrupcion with the other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back