Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Encoders/Decoders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil2008

Hi,

Are encoders/decoders programmable?

If i want to use addresses on encoders/decoders would i need to programme them? So would i need to have a microcontroller to do this?

thank you

From what I know, I think they just output according to what they got as input. So the inputs have to be programmed somehow, like using a microcontroller to interface the inputs.

Virgil2008 said:
Hi,

Are encoders/decoders programmable?

If i want to use addresses on encoders/decoders would i need to programme them? So would i need to have a microcontroller to do this?

thank you

hi,
There are a range of encoder/decoder ic's, which type are you asking about?
also whats the application.

WHat kind of encoder/decoder? THese exist for motors, quadrature, magnetic, MP3s, MPEGs, PAL, NTSC, and a whole whackload of other things!

can this be done with the holtek series of encoders/decoders in rf communication with control inputs given by 8051
thus can i give encoder and decoder address at one of the ports-p2 from the 8051 and data to the encoder from port p0 and receive data from the decoder at port p1.also any interfacing is required b/w 8051 and encoder or can i connect them directly from the ports to the encoder address pins.
help me Plz its urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back