Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Encoder/Decoder Uniqueness

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSG

Could any one here please explain...
I am trying to use RF600 encoder/decoder pairs.

Datasheet says that "up to seven transmitters can be learnt"
Does it mean that one decoder can respond to seven different transmitters (non-simulataneously/operating simultaneously)?

If I want to operate say 50 encoder/decoder pairs at one place, how can i be sure that the uniqueness of a particular encoder/decoder pair is maintained?

Please elaborate...

Thanks

Apparently the decoder chip can learn codes from up to 7 different encoder chips stand-alone, or from up to 48 different encoders if used with an external EEPROM memory. The decoder can respond to any of the 7 (48) but not likely simultaneously since it wouldn't be able to uniquely sort out two overlapping signals.

The codes are uniquely (and randomly) determined when the decoder learns a code from the encoder. There are 4 billion changing codes (see pg.2 in data sheet) so it is unlikely that two codes would be the same for 50 encoder/decoder pairs.

"Manufacturer's key"

Custom Versions of RF600E/D

"Custom versions of the RF600E / D chipset are available, programmed with a unique ‘Manufacturers Key’ which means that the transmitter and receiver will respond only to other devices with the same unique manufacturers key. This provides a bespoke remote chipset for OEM applications".

I thought that once the decoder learns a particular transmitter, then it does NOT respond to any other encoder/transmitter...then, what is this concept of specific manufacturer's key?...any idea?

Thanks
RSG

RSG said:
Custom Versions of RF600E/D

"Custom versions of the RF600E / D chipset are available, programmed with a unique ‘Manufacturers Key’ which means that the transmitter and receiver will respond only to other devices with the same unique manufacturers key. This provides a bespoke remote chipset for OEM applications".

I thought that once the decoder learns a particular transmitter, then it does NOT respond to any other encoder/transmitter...then, what is this concept of specific manufacturer's key?...any idea?
It sounds like you can't program a device to accept another Manufacturers Key. Only devices with the same Manufacturers Key can be programmed to read each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back