Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Emi

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuchy143

Hello,

I need to do some EMI testing at a test house and have a question about wires inside the cable for my product.

Basically I have an RS422 serial product which only takes about ~50mA to power. It has power, ground, Data "+" and Data "-". It also has another differential signal which given a certain condition will put out a short 100uS pulse up to +5v and then returns to it's resting state which is 0 volts.

During testing I'm not sure what to do with these two differential signals. I wont be monitoring them so leaving them floating just doesn't sound like a good idea as they are pretty much an antenna.

I'm thinking having a high resistor to ground on both the signals may make them quit and not disrupt my EMI testing. Any ideas which would be better? Or more ideal.

Thanks for any replies.

Regards,

-mike

The EMI lab should provide guidance. You want the conditions to be as close to reality as possible.

agreed. I'll talk to the test house engineer. Looks like I"m going to need to look into exactly how the product will terminate those signals to ensure what you have said below.

-mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back