Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EMI for LV and HV cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

fzn10

ok, this is more power rather than electronics, but im trying to do some research about the issue with EMI and LV and HV cables. Any info is good, want to find find out about such things as levels expected from HV and LV cables and any typical characterstics, iv been surfing the net for a couple of hours and cant seem to find anything that is modestly usefull, any help would be great, preferebly if ud know of any recourecs online.

Thanks

LV and HV cables? Your question is so generic it's impossible to make any suggestions, could you be a little more specific?

Well the scenario is that I have a substation with a 500kva transformer on the ground floor in a building, this substation is directly beneath a Communications room and a some office computers. The thing that is worrying is the EMI from the substation to the Communications room due to close proximity. The thing that I’m also concerned about is the LV cable coming out of the transformer, this is ran on the ceiling which is directly beneath the communications room. Now I’m pretty sure that there wont be many problems with EMI, but I just want to come up with a good reason for it, any hints to links to helpful hints are welcome, hope that the above is clear

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back