Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EMF Following

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryukyu

I am trying to build something akin to a Wi-Fi sniffer but at a frequency of 35kHz.

I have a bandpass filter at that center frequency which works well. I have an antenna constructed of ~100 turns of magnet wire around a film canister (which I know isn't the ideal substance for permeability).

I would like that as the antenna approaches the beacon (which is just a 10 winding coil with 0.1 ARMS sinusoid at 35kHz), to see a fairly linear change in signal strength as "seen" by the antenna/filter.

Currently when I move the antenna from 2ft away to 2in away there is little to no change in the output. I'm guessing I need to increase the sensitivity, but I'm unsure of how to accomplish this.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Last edited:
Post your circuit???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back