Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EMC 212 transistor checker

Status
Not open for further replies.

tab a

One of these:
**broken link removed**

came in a box of stuff I got at an auction a while back, but I've never tried to use it. It's been modified to use a DC power supply rather than batteries.

As someone trying to learn about electronics and troubleshooting I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion as to whether it's a worthwhile tool? Are there similar products who's manufacturers might have operating manuals on the net to get me started?

Thanks.

Not something you ever really need?, most transistor faults can be found by measuring the transistor out of circuit on ohms or diode test, and in-circuit by measuring voltages.

Makes sense, though it does raise the question as to why they make them? :)

For some reason I've got it in my head that they allow the testing of transmitters in circuits that may be dead, by applying the appropriate voltages to the transistor in question?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back