Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

embedded job interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

electroRF

I'm about to go to an interview for Embedded Programmer position.

I have background in this area (I was a C embedded programmer).

Could you please share what questions could an interviewer ask the candidate in that subject?

I'm trying to prepare for this interview the best way I can.

I thank you very much.

You need to know what they do / make... It would be nice if you knew what platform you'll be working on, then you could do some homework...

"Embedded Programmer" is a very loose job vacancy title...

Thank you Ian.

I have a question please.

What should a candidate do when he gets stuck in a solution?

Of course after he tried some ways to solve the difficulty and make progress but failed.

And what happens after a second approach fails?

How should he communicate with the interviewer in that case? that is my question actually.

How should he communicate with the interviewer in that case? that is my question actually.

Be honest with him and state that you are having difficulty in solving the problem, but you that intend to relook at the problem after the interview.

The problems presented to you, in an interview, will be directly related to what the task in front of you should you get the job... If the problem cannot be solved, within the time specified, then possibly you're not the man for the job..

When I interview staff, I kinda know within several minutes if the candidate is right for the job... I know that on site training will be needed for ANY candidate even if they know a great deal.. If someone has done their homework, then they will come across more confident. Not cocky , but a more relaxed confidence.. Showing interest in the job always goes down well. Flattery ( but not over the top ) also helps... I want someone who will promote our products as if they were his own, even if they are only playing bit parts in the products I sell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back