Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

embedded computing system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parth86

embedded system is combination of hardware and software that perform some specific task
I don't understand what is meaning of embedded computing system design
both embedded system and embedded computing system are different or same ?

Same. Your watch. Your microwave.

Nowadays, the definition might be a bit fuzzy.

I have another question

both embedded software and embedded program are different or same

I think both are different
software - we need to develop embedded program
embedded program - sequence of instruction written to perform specific task
embedded program written in language like c assembly
program has executable form
source code may be converted into binary code by compiler

Last edited by a moderator:
In order to really answer that question, I would have to see it in context (used in a sentence), but I'd agree with your assessment.

The term "embedded electronics" refers to any electronic device which uses a microcontroller or microprocessor of some sort. A microcontroller is a small computer that gets "embedded" into an electronic circuit.

Embedded software (i.e. "firmware") is the software which makes the embedded microcontroller work.

The term "embedded electronics" refers to any electronic device which uses a microcontroller or microprocessor of some sort. A microcontroller is a small computer that gets "embedded" into an electronic circuit.

Embedded software (i.e. "firmware") is the software which makes the embedded microcontroller work.

True, I would like to add that embedded system is dedicated to some specific purpose. Not for general-purpose use like pc computers. (smartphones are still embedded devices)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back