Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank u

ok
thank u sir i am happy in receiving reply from u
ok sir i am an engineering student electronics

Wavelegth limits IR to certain Fiber optic cables, IR though the air is short distances only, expensive to implement large systems to travel IR over wide areas, IR is line of sight.

Re: thank u

sarat_sujani said:
thank u for sending reply about what i asked can u send some information regarding UV rays

I'm guessing you meant to ask why aren't UV rays used for transmitting instead of IR.

UV is higher energy than visible spectrum, while IR is lower. UV can potentially damage the eye if stared into at close range (kids). UV takes more power to drive. UV LEDs are only recently available (5 yrs or so), much more expensive than IR, and there are no cheap UV receivers.

Re: thank u

Oznog said:
sarat_sujani said:
thank u for sending reply about what i asked can u send some information regarding UV rays

I'm guessing you meant to ask why aren't UV rays used for transmitting instead of IR.

UV is higher energy than visible spectrum, while IR is lower. UV can potentially damage the eye if stared into at close range (kids). UV takes more power to drive. UV LEDs are only recently available (5 yrs or so), much more expensive than IR, and there are no cheap UV receivers.

UV has about the same constraints. UV transmits faster. You would not want to uses it to transmit though the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back