Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronics project

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoojyBoojy

Hey, I'm new here. Whats up. I need to come up with a project for my electronics class, and i want to make something I can actually use. Maybe something for my car. I originally thought of an alarm, but I think that will cause more problems than its worth. Maybe a remote starter or something? I don't know...I'm open to any ideas. I'm pretty experienced in electronics, and if theres something ive never seen i can always look it up, so any ideas are welcome.

ooo cars and electronics, thats my specialty :D
you could put 62 blue leds in the roof...**broken link removed**

Then wire up a circuit to have the leds respond to the music
**broken link removed**
(I'm going to make a printed circuit board some day to clean that mess up...)

or are you looking for a "normal" electronics project?

Thanks Sam,

oh yeah forgot to mention that I enhanced the LED effect with a fog machine :) . Too bad my fog machine is 1400W, Id like to find a smaller one that doesnt require a wall outlet to run.

Well that does look pretty awesome, but i was looking for something more...practical i guess...or atleast so I don't have a destroyed roof if my project doesn't work, or doesn't look right.

Meby making the car start up whith an IR remote or puting some leds around the carto blink whith the music

Or realy good to start your car whith a figher print but it wod be complicated

You cod also make a timer for the window wipers.So wen it just slitly raning it wod thurn the wipers on for 1 second and wait 1-30s then it repets i senn it in some old electronics magazine(you wodnt have damege if this circut dosent work)

Remote engine start sounds a promising idea for an older vehicle, however with many newer cars having special encoded keys and alarm systems combined with the engine management computer ..it gets a bit more tricky.

Car doors my be worth thinking about, one fashion trend amongst car modders is to remove the exterior handles. Though how they actually open them afterwards is seldom mentioned.

Rain sensor to switch on wipers automatically.

Can one sense the prescence of fog? thereby allowing activation by driver if needed or inhibiting the driver from switching them on when conditions do not require them.
(pet hate..people who drive with fog lights on when it's not foggy)

The electronic dashboard and instrument cluster might be worth mulling over if one has an old laptop gathering dust.

Vehicle electronics is still pretty much in the dark ages, sure there may lots of silicon chips running the engine but aside from that its still pretty basic. One innovation that has yet to make it into mainstream builds is the single wire cable loom. One wire carrying both power and data, each bulb holder or device having an address of its own. If one really wants to get clever the same could be applied to switches :idea:

Some military vehicles are fitted with thier own fire detection and suppression systems in both the engine bay and crew compartment.

Grrrr
Replace conventional electromechanical relays with MOSFET devices.
Resetable thermal circuit breakers instead of those horrid blade fuses.
Relocating fuse panel to a place it can actually be got at!

Still , I like the idea of the "MagnaVolt" car alarm as seen in the film Robocop :lol:

i have a bike and i done and still want to do some projects... but i don't have enough knoweledge i am still learning as a hobby.
here is what i want to make some day

RMP GUAGE on my dash board with LED's using LM3914 bar/dot driver---
using like 10 - 15 led's in a spectrum each led is like 1000 RPM.
you could do this with your RPM or Speedometer
have like a night rider effect... just for looks not to actually use

Voltage meter implementing blue seven segment LED's or maybe color LCD if i ever get smart enough to do this... on bikes its common for a battery to die or generator to mess up since its one the side and voltmeter could indicate the charge when its low before you go out for a long ride...

you could made some cool LED indicators or LED tail light for you car... what type of car do you have? all you would have to do is go by a pare of tail light from junk yar and make it on that... this one wouldn't even be electrically hard only thing you have to be good at is working with your hands.. here is a pic of what i mean
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

it would have to depend on what type of car you got.... sports, in to racing or luxury or what? i could think of somethings if you can do the work haha
Max

tansis said:
Car doors my be worth thinking about, one fashion trend amongst car modders is to remove the exterior handles. Though how they actually open them afterwards is seldom mentioned.

You have to put some solenoid actuators inside the doors to operate the latches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back