Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronics project instruction needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonewhite

hello--

The project is a device that generates what is termed 'white noise,' i.e., a steady hiss or static sound to cover noise spikes. This noise-spike screen is useful for, e.g., those with insomnia living in a boisterous environment.

At any rate, I would need instructions--or, a link to same--which detail the items needed and the assembly of the device. A two to three inch speaker, a potentiometer, a transformer (I would rather use line voltage, 110 VAC, than batteries), and the device/component that will generate the steady stream of static/hiss.

Yes, there are products on the market which purport to provide white noise, but (and, via the Amazon reviews) their reliability is suspect, or worse (not to mention the exorbitant price demanded).

Any help provided towards the completion of this unit is gratefully received.

thank you!

Just google for 'white noise generator schematic'. Pink noise might be more soothing :)

May I suggest that you just get a CD player, or an mp3 player and just play the appropriate noise sound file through that? It'll be cheaper, neater and more flexible.

Here are some samples of white/pink/brown noise as well as some recordings of natural so-called white noise (rain, waterfall, wind, etc): https://whitenoisemp3s.com/free-white-noise
Actually google-ing "white noise mp3" comes up with many recordings.

thank you, one and all, for sharing your expertise!

I've since found a good YT recording:

https://is.gd/08S9np

...ten-hours-worth of steady downpour--it is superb!

At any rate, my sense of the matter is that the least-expensive way to go about this is to burn a CD of the YT recording, and then buy an inexpensive player to run it in an endless loop. I would simply let the ten-hour recording burn in real time--i.e., let it run/burn when I leave for work in the morning...

The rub is that I'm not certain how to burn a CD on my laptop directly from YT--what is the protocol?

thanks again!

I'm not certain how to burn a CD on my laptop directly from YT--what is the protocol?

thanks again!

Google "Youtube to MP3" you'll find many online conversion sites, just enter the Youtube URL and download the MP3 when it has finished converting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back