Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronics name for a dog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrz126

My wife got a puppy:
**broken link removed**
Its female Shepard beagle mix.

I've been trying to come up with a good electrical engineering name for her. I cant really think of anything good. anyone have any ideas?

Pentode?
You could shorten it to Penny if you wanted...

If it were a male dog it'd be so much easier. Chip =)
The only gender neutral ones I can think of right now that don't sound stupid are AC and DC. AC seems appropriate to me.

All of our pets had royal/god names.
Electronics: When was it the last time you "fried" something?
Freya (or any of its spellings (ya, the dog would care)) of course!
Also the name used for the last day of the workweek, the more reason!
E

3v0 AC and DC both meet that requirement.

Tesla could be a choice too, most people know Tesla was a guy but the Tes part gives it a gender neutral tone.

The other thing that comes to mind is having to call the dog. Think of yourself walking your neighborhood calling loudly "Here Dipwad".

Personally I think people should see to it that dogs do not get loose. But it happens. Twice in 5 years mine has gone on vacation. The first time she got a ride back in a police car. The next time a young neighborhood girl returned her and earned a reward.

Last edited:
Sparks, Zap, Electrica, RF, Triode, Millivolt, Watts, Volta, Static, Columbs, Germainium. :)

Sparks is male, Zap is one syllable, RF is good, Triode, much like Pentode too geeky, Watts one syllable, Volta, not bad, Static, pretty good but first and second syllables are a little too close, I think it's a good one though.. Columbs, Sounds like a bad Lord of the rings reference. Germanium is only for the true geek, but I like it =)

"Volta" seems to be a good choice to me.

It contains a low "o" and and a high "a" tone. My experience shows dogs learn their names easily if they contain a low tone, like "Bosco", "Rolf", "Castor" and "Pollux".

Boncuk

Volta is indeed a very good name, but not for a puppy girl! ;)

First I'd call her Electrona...;)

Diona, Triona, Pentona, Hexona....all are very good names IMO ;)

Volta is indeed a very good name, but not for a puppy girl! ;)

I guess "Volta" sounds about right. Puppy girls don't understand their names anyway. They just learn it and act accordingly.

BTW. My puppy girl's name (Golden retriever) is "Lola".

3v0 saw her via Skype when she was a baby, but now I can't lift her up to face the webcam because of her weight. She's 45kg, but not fat and always friendly towards me and even strangers entering our house.

It contains all the elements I mentioned before.

She's at my side after the first silent call (whisper). :D

Regards

Boncuk

P.S.: Learn to talk animalish and you will know your pet inside out! :D Everybody can do it. Just laziness keeps people away from learning animalish. :)

Again kindest regards

Boncuk

Alright..'Lolaaa......' feels little sexy too :D

We've a black German Shepherd at home. Very healthier boy and it is very difficult to deal with him outside, so most of the time he's kept in cage..however we give him the time for some exercises outside :)

He eats everything including his iron cage.! Done lots of damages and I feel I'm not good at dealing with him.

While looking at this website 2000 DOG NAMES: Naming your puppy - D I found a name 'DAMAGE' and just remembered him :p

I found a name 'DAMAGE' and just remembered him :p

How about "Devastator"? :D

If you're not strong enough for the dog you're just too weak. :D

German Shepards can easliy be directed the way you want to have them, either as watch dog, police dog, drug sniffing (finding) dog, bomb finder or just a toy.

It depends on the master what he makes of the dog.

Never leave a German Shepard without any task! It'll master you sooner or later! :(

Boncuk

BTW. I trained a 9 year old completely spoiled German Shepard "girly" at the age of 12, teaching her to sit by my side until I told her to get up and move just into the direction I pointed. She bit my butts several times when jumping fences, but when she found herself unconscious and bleeding she gave up her "games" and followed me willingly wherever I went.

As a side effect she developed to an excellent body guard.

Last edited:
Me and my brothers tried a lot to get him trained for picking the morning news papers!

We tried it in a scientific manner -like offering a biscuit once the job is success :)

It worked at the age of 1yr and after that we couldn't apply much care on him. Now he's 3 years.

Now the biscuit trick is still working out to get him inside the cage(fool...;))

Me and my brothers tried a lot to get him trained for picking the morning news papers!

We tried it in a scientific manner -like offering a biscuit once the job is success :)

It worked at the age of 1yr and after that we couldn't apply much care on him. Now he's 3 years.

As I already said: Learn to speak animalish! Dogs will understand what you're saying by just raising or lowering your voice.

My couple of Golden retrievers follow a snip of a finger being one year old. Just have the time and patience for intense care of at least one hour per day. (preferrably 2 hours)

You don't necessarily have to run around with them (my stepdaughter can do that well), but you have to catch their attention and teach them anything you want.

Give them a goody only if they have deserved it. It's you to decide if they did or not!

Dogs always try to look good in the opinion of their master. Never forget about that. They need a "leading" (alpha) dog which has to be you.

Failing to be the alpha-dog you will never get the result you imagined.

Regards

Boncuk

German Shepards can easliy be directed the way you want to have them, either as watch dog, police dog, drug sniffing (finding) dog, bomb finder or just a toy.
It depends on the master what he makes of the dog.
Never leave a German Shepard without any task! It'll master you sooner or later! :(

Boncuk.
Not quite accurate. Bloodlines can make the difference in how a dog is trained as well as how effective the training will be. Shepherds with Schutzhund bloodlines typically are selected for guard/attack duty. Tracking dogs (sniffing/drug detecting) are often selected from Utility bloodlines. A combination of the two doesn't work well often. The dog wants to work as one type of animal, not a Jack of all trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back