Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronics messing up monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crypted

Any time my surround sound receiver is turned on, my monitors top section shakes some. The receiver is about two - three inches above the monitor. I have no other place to move it, so I'm looking for ideas on how to reflect the electrical charges at fault for this, if of course that is the reason? If anyone has an idea on how to solve this I'd appreciate it.

I have tried putting a sheet of foil underneath the receiver, but that didnt help.

Thanks in advance!

try grounding the foil. running a wire from the foil to a grounded metal case (such as a computer case, maybe attach it to a screw) might help.

If that doesn't work, perhaps try a thicker piece of metal, see if you can find a small plate of aluminum to set the receiver on...

The best will be "Mu-Metal" but is very expensive.

Is there not something else like wrapping some foil around a peice of plywood and then putting a screw through it, and running a line down to my computer case, or to a ground outlet?

why not surround the underside of your reciever with galvanized sheet metal ..grounded..home depot has some..

Interestingly enough I covered the bottom of the shelf with foil, got some plywood, a licenseplate, and foil and made a lil bottom for the receiver to sit on, grounded them together, and then a ground to a wall-outlet, and now it seems as though the interference has gotten quite a bit better. I just need to devise another method to make it just a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back