Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronics-Lab

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotwaterwizard

Does anyone know what happened to Electronics-Lab.com?
It seams to have dissipeared from the web.

I don't know, I've not been there for years.

Electronics-Lab slowed down a lot for a few weeks before it disappeared.
Maybe its server died and it is changing again to a new server.
Each time it changed servers in the past it took a few days to come back online.

Hopefully some the old users will come here.

Some already have.

That site drove me nuts, the moderator didn't like contradiction with his opinions (and often wrong). Their projects page included designs that simply did not work or could not work.

At least it had people that appeared to be trying.
Unlike EDA Board which is mostly folks looking for handouts, freebees, pirated ebooks & software or do my work for me.

Most of these electronics chat forums have students wanting their schoolwork done for them. Most are from the same country with billions of them. They send me lots of PMs.

blueroomelectronics said:
Some already have.

That site drove me nuts, the moderator didn't like contradiction with his opinions (and often wrong).
I agree, he was a tosser and the reason why I left.

Their projects page included designs that simply did not work or could not work.
I tried to suggest fixes for them and got accused of personally attacking the person who designed them. I even PMd the administrator about this and he didn't seem to care so I thought sod it, I'm leaving!

There was a circuit for a RGB LED controller that was plain wrong. Audioguru would post the corrected formulas basic Ohms law and got all sorts of grief from the forums. I could never figure out why he put up with it.
The projects page was interesting but untested making it useless or confusing to a beginner.

I fixed many projects there. The weird Moderator then deleted them and my discussions about them.

They recently added a blog page with new projects every day and most used a microcontroller.

audioguru said:
I fixed many projects there. The weird Moderator then deleted them and my discussions about them.

They recently added a blog page with new projects every day and most used a microcontroller.

I posted a few that got deleted, that's why I left. Heaven forbid you critique anybodys post there. :mad:
I'd come back every now and then and nothing changed.

hello all
i hope that electronics-lab will be fix and i am waiting for ir

I hope that the moderator dissappears when it gets back up and running.

I know, if it does decide to re-appear if blueroomelectronics will do the same I'll re-join and we can send a petition for the said moderator to be de-modded. If it works I'll start posting, if not I'll delete my account for the second time.

What do you say blueroomelectronics?

Hero999 said:
I hope that the moderator dissappears when it gets back up and running.

I know, if it does decide to re-appear if blueroomelectronics will do the same I'll re-join and we can send a petition for the said moderator to be de-modded. If it works I'll start posting, if not I'll delete my account for the second time.

What do you say blueroomelectronics?
Sounds good to me.

Although I may have found the perfect replacement for Electronics Lab.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Are you up for that too audioguru?

Electronics Lab does have the potential to be a good site, it just needs a good moderator.

I have noticed that the initials of the horrible Moderator at Electronics-Lab had the same initials as its owner. Maybe the same person??

They both knew little about electronics.

Well I hope it comes back, it was an interesting place with buckets of misinformation and was verboten / futile to attempt to fix them.

audioguru said:
I have noticed that the initials of the horrible Moderator at Electronics-Lab had the same initials as its owner. Maybe the same person??
I'm not so sure.

Was the moderator we're talking about MP?

If I remember rightly he was from the USA and the site owner (ws it mixos?) was Greek unless this was a cover up. I can't remember that well, it all happened a couple of years ago.

I left in late 2005 and I remember waiting about three to four months before joining another, site I suppose the bad experiance put me off, in the end I found this place and read a few threads before I join to make sure the moderator wasn't a bully.

They both knew little about electronics.
I did find it quite odd that someone with such little knowledge would set up an electronics site, there again the same applies to Aron Cake.

Aaron Cake, that was it.

Perhaps he was Greek, I can't remember.

I suppose we can at least try if/when the site pops back up again, I don't see what we've got to lose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back