Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronics homework question :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitso

Hi there

can anyone understand this? answer? explain? calculations?

question is

The DC current draw of a 24v inverter supplying a 240volt, 5 amp load. Assume an inverter effeciency of 90%

Hi there

question is

The DC current draw of a 24v inverter supplying a 240volt, 5 amp load. Assume an inverter effeciency of 90%

hi,
You calculate the output power, apply the 90% eff then use that to calc the input current at 24V..

Last edited:
Hi there

question is

*I really wouldnt

I think the question is poorly written, my college professors did this a lot as well.

Rephrase:

Find the DC current draw of a 24V inverter with 90% efficiency under a 240V, 5A load.

Hint: √2 (I would not give this hint on an exam or homework or quiz what so ever :) )

I'm not a native English speaker but I think my rephrased version is more understandable.

Last edited:
Hint: You shouldn't need √2.

I suppose it could be 45A

You are sorrowly wrong in your Calculation!:D

the answer is supposed to be 55A!

Muhammad89

55A or 55.55A depending on your instructor.:D

Thanks DMW for catching my mistake.

Last edited:
actually its 55.555

you have to go from 100% back down to 90%, which means adding 10% wont work,
you need to go