Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronics components suppliers bidding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cifrocco

In trying to purchase somewhat rare IC's (or not so rare) by searching on the Internet I always end up on sites like PartMiner.com which as far as I can tell don't sell to small-time blokes like myself. They ask for bids or quotes that I'm supposed to make, obviously for a significant quantity of a given part.

Just so happens there are DOZENS of such sites on the 'net, if not hundreds. I'm just trying to understand what this all means. Why do such companies exist, how do they operate, who are their customers? What's a poor fella like me supposed to do if I want just a few pieces of a certain IC?

If you tell us what you are looking for, someone may know where to find it. I take it that the standard sources (distributors) don't stock the ones that you want. If the part is still in production, the manufacturer will tell you where it is stocked, or may sell it direct (Linear Technology for example). If you only want 1 or 2, some times you can get a free sample, especially if it is a new device.

Where are you located?

If you are in Ontario, Canada, try Sayal Electronics.
If you are in USA, try Mouser Electronics.
If you are elsewhere, then I dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back