Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronics and learning

Status
Not open for further replies.

juan123

Just wondering, is electronics something that I can teach myself? or is it a hard area? thanks!!

juan123 said:
Just wondering, is electronics something that I can teach myself? or is it a hard area? thanks!!

That probably depends more on your own abilities, ambitions and resources then on the subject. However there has never been more information available for the self learner then on today's Internet. I'm sure many people have been self taught. A lot also depends on what you want out of the electronics. If for a job or livelihood then formal educations carries more weight but if for a hobby then anything that works is possible.

Lefty

The main problem in learning electronics for the complete newbie isn't a lack of information it's information overload.

I can't remember who to credit on this forum, but as someone with a spotty formal education (but considerable interest), I've really benefited from this system/device:

**broken link removed**

This lab gives you the basics for most components (analog and digital). This knowledge coupled with circuits you find on the internet should help you learn...

I think all Electronics hobbyists are self taught. Of course you can get qualifications in the subject, but Electronics is one of those subjects where you don't REALLY learn anything or gain a proper understanding of anything until you do it yourself.

So as long as you've got the motivation and the desire to learn, Electronics is for you.

Brian

You can teach electronics to yourself, I mean look at me! I had NOBODY to help me and everything! I Have been self teaching electronics for over 5 years! Thea earilier you start the better. I have yet to start my highschool classes for electronics, so I can amaze him with my MAD SKILLZ

Krumlink, if you want to impress a teacher, you have to learn style first =) The volume lable of my C drive is AllYourBase, and D is AreBelongToUs but it's a one time joke, the was one timed 10 times too many times about 5 years ago, right along with the rapper 'Mad Skillz' since the last time he sold a bootleg (oddly enough 5 years ago) Update your English and writting style as you get older and you might not end up looking like a fool in the end. No promises though.

Last edited:
Sceadwian said:
Krumlink, if you want to impress a teacher, you have to learn style first =) The volume lable of my C drive is AllYourBase, and D is AreBelongToUs but it's a one time joke, the was one timed 10 times too many times about 5 years ago, right along with the rapper 'Mad Skillz' since the last time he sold a bootleg (oddly enough 5 years ago) Update your English and writting style as you get older and you might not end up looking like a fool in the end. No promises though.

Oh dear. Skitt's Law doesn't even begin to cover it.

Sure, Krumlink is an eager kid and talks like one, but to jump down his throat for writing in a style indicative of his age--how does that benefit the world? He's encouraging another person, apparently near his own age. That's a good thing.

If you're going to criticize another's style and English, you might want to think about checking your punctuation, spelling, and grammar before posting. Even after you have edited your post, we are left with bizarre constructions such as ". . . the was one timed 10 times too many times about 5 years ago . . .". What the hell is that supposed to mean? We can safely presume that "writting" is intended to mean the act of serving writs, I suppose. Typos are a fact of life, but when you're on your high horse, aim higher. Krumlink's post contains fewer errors in English usage and style than your post does.

None of this is intended to draw intention from the fact that you still seem to enjoy jumping in with off-topic opinions on what choices others should be making or what behaviours they should be exhibiting. Sometimes this might result in an interesting discussion, but mostly it makes you look like a pompous ass. Curtail this habit in the future and you may not end up looking like a fool. No promises, though.

Torben

intention ?????????
try attention !!!!!

'None of this is intended to draw intention from the fact that you still seem to enjoy jumping in with off-topic opinions on what choices others should be making or what behaviours they should be exhibiting. Sometimes this might result in an interesting discussion'

rmn_tech said:
intention ?????????
try attention !!!!!

'None of this is intended to draw intention from the fact that you still seem to enjoy jumping in with off-topic opinions on what choices others should be making or what behaviours they should be exhibiting. Sometimes this might result in an interesting discussion'

I was wondering how long that would take. :)

Torben

wot r u ppl torkin bout?

u dont nead 2 spel wrds corect az ppl kan stil undestand wot u meen evin if u dont.

Hero999 said:
wot r u ppl torkin bout?

u dont nead 2 spel wrds corect az ppl kan stil undestand wot u meen evin if u dont.

Hehe. A while back there was a report which noted that people can read text just fine as long as the first and last letters of each word are in the right places; the other letters can be scrambled as much as you like. Strange but true. I don't know how well it works for other languages, though.

I didn't believe it until I tried it. There's a tool at **broken link removed** which lets you generate your own scrambled text. There are others around too.

Torben

Why should that seem unusual? All it explains is how little the average person understands how they actually think.

Sceadwian said:
Why should that seem unusual? All it explains is how little the average person understands how they actually think.

Um, no. It would explain that, but only if people believed that they read by using their understanding of how they actually think. What it demonstrates is how experts (not average people) have much to learn about how people take information in and process it.

If it surprises people whose lives are devoted to studying such things, I feel no embarrassment at all in also being surprised by it.

Torben

That announcement has been a long time coming!

I second that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back