• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronically controlled manifold, HELP!

Not open for further replies.


New Member
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me fine the right product as I don't do much with electronics/pneumatics in my design work. Basically I have a very low pressure air pump which needs to feed into a manifold with 4 or 5 exit ports (ideally 5). Each manifold needs to be electronically controlled, so press button 1 to open manifold one whilst all others remain closed. Size wise it needs to be fairly small (150mm x 75mm would be ideal).

A software engineer will write the program and design board for opening the ports, I just need the hardware. Is there anything off the shelf that would be suitable? RS components have many manifolds but I'm not sure if these are suitable for use with an air application!

Any help would be appreciated!

Crappy picture to help illustrate...




Les Jones

Well-Known Member
Most Helpful Member
I think you are correct when you say "you would be guessing". The advert does not give any information if they are normally open or normally closed and if they only work with the flow in one direction. I would choose an item that was specified more clearly. Also if this is to be used for long term production I would want an item that was available from more than one manufacturer.

Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles