Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronic workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

baftab

hey..i need a software where i can test my designs
kan u name anyone? i knw electronic workbench..kan u tell me if i can download it from any site?

or any other alternative?
thnx

baftab said:
kan u name anyone? i knw electronic workbench..kan u tell me if i can download it from any site?

thnx

To test your designs I assume you are talking about circuit simulation software.

https://www.linear.com/company/software.jsp

Look for LTspice / SwitcherCad

Free download. Comes with pre-loaded library of parts. Easy to add models from any vendor offering them.

baftab said:

thnx

Circuit Maker, Visual Spice.
Circuit Maker Student Edition is available as a free software.

Now it is my turn to ask: and pray where do we find, this program. frankly i am not that satisfied with switchcad but can I moan ? no cause it is free. a link to the download of that proggy u mentioned will be great :lol: :p

I got Circuit Maker Student Edn. & MultiSim 7.0 on a free CD with Electronic Devices & Ckts- Boylestead.

The Ckt Maker was full featured, in MultiSim you cannot save files.

Thunderchild said:
Now it is my turn to ask: and pray where do we find, this program. frankly i am not that satisfied with switchcad but can I moan ? no cause it is free. a link to the download of that proggy u mentioned will be great :lol: :p

www.circuitmaker.com

yea great thanks am downloading it but am a bit p*ssed about the 50 part limit oh well it is free so can't complain :wink: :arrow:

I'm gonna look at it too.

You guys know about Livewire, right? It's clearly hobbyist oriented, but has a good amount of 4000 and 7000 series logic ICs and is very easy to learn and use. I see it used quite a bit on this forum.

It's not free though...

Post deleted by moderator, posting a link offering pirate software (and harvesting names and addresses) isn't appropriate for these forums.

Moderator.

Thunderchild said:

I'd like to know why you are not satisfied with it? I've used all the others listed and SWCAD is better than some of the simulators that cost money.

Visual spice is an exception. It is very powerful (probably the most powerful I've ever used with the X3spice model support) but it is terribly complicated and I only pull it out when I know I have no other suitable choice which is pretty much never.

baftab said:

thnx

Hi,
I have not used it, but why not try?

**broken link removed**

TOK ;)

Thunderchild said:
although great for our needs electronics workbench is BLOODY expensive

Electronics Workbench has a DesignSuite Freeware Edition available. It is not a demo version and is only limited as far as project size. Otherwise it has the full capabilities of their PowerPro (highest) product tier. You should be able to find more information from the link on the page below.

**broken link removed**

hm looks great but u did not read it properly i think: it says that the simulation will only work for 45 days after that it is only capture and layout and that is only any good for making a pcb of a design that u nkow works !

Thunderchild said:
hm looks great but u did not read it properly i think: it says that the simulation will only work for 45 days after that it is only capture and layout and that is only any good for making a pcb of a design that u nkow works !

I admit that I did not read it at all and only have seen a brief mention of it in a design magazine that I receive. However, it sounds like it would make for good capture/layout software even after the 45 day expiration of the simulation and autoroute capabilities.

Joel Rainville said:
I'm gonna look at it too.

You guys know about Livewire, right? It's clearly hobbyist oriented, but has a good amount of 4000 and 7000 series logic ICs and is very easy to learn and use. I see it used quite a bit on this forum.

It's not free though...

I use Livewire. I was a bit cheesed off when it said "extensive IC library" and it came with only 40 or so IC's. (at a guess) It cost £39.99 (RRP) It is better than some programs, but I've heard that Electronics Workbench is better. Has anyone ever heard of a program where u can integrate a "virtual" pic. It would be cool if you could just copy in a HEX file to test it with all the other components connected to it - before even buying the pic. Or am I being stupid?

Regards,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back