Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic water valves

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinstheking

Hi, I'm in need of electrically controlled water taps (valves) with good response time ( ~10ms) , diameter of ~5mm. Does anyone know where can I find them ??

Look at your local garden supplies merchant.

There are many types available for garden and greenhouse water control...

I like the ASCO line of solenoid valves.You don't mention your application or line pressure? Do you want a plastic, brass, stainless steel or other alloy valve body? You also do not list your location making it pretty difficult to suggest a supplier.

For a basic inexpensive valve look as Eric suggest towards garden and yard care suppliers as well as appliance suppliers like washing machines and dish washers.

Ron

I'm from Andhra Pradesh, India. I want to use it control out flow of water for my experiments. I'm not specific about material. Pressure will be very less. I have been searching for them on internet but was able to find only those with high costs (~ $25). I need in bulk quantity.

Last edited:
For applications like that you may want to maybe start here. Simple low pressure plastic valve bodies for garden anbd washing machine applications.

Also, if you have access to junk old appliances like washers you can hack the solenoids out of them.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back