Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryans63

I recently played “electronic tag”, what I think its called where you track someone with a homing signal or gps etc, not sure the basics anyway, and had a kick ass time. I have no experience in this area of electronics, I do have a very above average experience and know how in electronics, I have been a mechanic for 6 years, but a car electronics is not close to this area. That said I need advice in very layman’s terms and need a wiring diagram. I did some research into it, tried anyway, but didn’t find much information on it. Does anyone know where can I get the items I need to play, the device the person carries that transmits his location and the what other item needed to track it. Where can I find these things? Or how do I build something like this? I would like it to have a very long range so we can “play” in a huge area making it more fun and more challenging time. Also I don’t want to drop much money, why I would like to build it to make it cheap, but if the price is what I want I would just buy it instead of building it but building it is 75% of the fun. Also does anyone know of any other good electronics forums?

Last edited:
Transmitter hunts, also called Fox hunts. In the U.S. Amateur radio clubs will do these relativly frequently, not sure of your location but there has to be a group in your area that does these. It's best to get real world practical help when you're starting from such a limited background.

I agree with real world help but I have so little time ever, working two fulltimejobs, its almost inpossible to get together with someone. Plus, like I said, making it is 75% of the fun for me, extremely more fun with building it them actually using it. there is almost no help in the area i am from, no clubs etc, just private parties/people with hobbies so its wicked hard to find someone as they are very few and no way of finding out who does it in the area.

If you put your location in your Profile, then you may be surprised what's going on in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back