Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic system to stop sleeping problems - help with design of system

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZackSmith

I am currently trying to complete an electronics project, where I have to design and make a system that solves a specific problem.

The problem is: David has trouble sleeping. He is very afraid of the dark. As a result of this he leaves the main light on in his room, however he finds it hard to sleep with the main light on. The only thing that really gets him to sleep is his mother’s singing voice but she works late on some nights and therefore cannot sing him to sleep all of the time.

I have also written a basic specification*:

1) When it is dark my system is activated. The light will stay on whenever it is dark.

2) When the light is on another part of my system is activated. It is a speaker that plays some sort of soothing music when the light is turned on. It will play for 15 minutes. As soon as the light is off the speaker turns off, even if it has not played for 15 minutes.

I would really appreciatte it if someone could give me some possible design ideas for a system that solves the above problem and is similair to my specification.

*I am welcome to systems that don't follow this exact specification - it is only a general guidline.

Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to help.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

This can be powered from a mains adaptor, connect a small cassette player and nightlight to the relay, make sure this switches the live/phase/hot (or whatever you call it in your area) conductor and use a fuse with the same value as the relay's maximum current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back