Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronic steady hand game

Status
Not open for further replies.

maca23

I am making a steady hand game for my electronics GCSE and i am going to make it two player, aswell as having a 7 segment display to count down the lives from three every time the wire is touched by the wand. Can any body suggest a circuit to me as I am completely stuck of what to put in the circuit

You will need a binary counter IC (various possibilites) and a binary-coded-decimal-to-7-segment decoder to drive the 7-segment display. The wire-touching part of the circuit will probably need 'debounce' to prevent rapid intermittent contact from causing false counting (e.g two touches only 1mS apart should be counted as a single touch). Presumably the two players take turns?

Last edited:
You can use the CD40110 Up/Down counter which has a built-in 7-segment display decoder. You would need one counter per digit.

Why do you want to count three instead of one every time the wire is touched? That complicates the circuit significantly.

to count down the lives from three every time the wire is touched by the wand
Do you mean start the game with three lives for each player, count down by one every time the wire is touched, end the game when either player's count is 0 and start a new game (3 lives again for both players) when the switch is pressed?

Last edited:
How will this game be played? Will the 2 players take it in turns with a single wire/wand, or will each player have their own wire/wand?

they will have a wire each and can go in turns if they want to but I will have to copy the circuit twice onto one circuit board and will have to use 2 wires as it would pick up the signal from one of the wands and count up on thwe wrong 7 segment display. if you get what I mean

You could do this with one wire instead of two, if you have a change-over switch which is operated at each change of player. The switch would route the 'wire touched' signal to the appropriate counter IC. Each counter IC will need some way of setting its count to '3' when the reset button is pressed. You might want a buzzer to sound if the wire is touched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back