Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic sound trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijo90

Hello, first of all I hope my post is in the right section.

So, I am trying to build an electronic sound trigger. By that I mean a device that can play a pre-recorded sound (an mp3 or something like that) when you push a button or with a motion sensor.

I need it for my car, something like a custom sound horn.
I would like to know what parts do I need and where can I buy them.

Thank you in advance !

You could start with a chip like the ISD15000 just as an example. There are many ISD chips out there that could be used. Working from that it could easily be triggered a number of ways, including motion sensor. Where you buy them is hard to say as I do not have a clue what your location is.

This link may or may not help.

Ron

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer Ron, I move around a lot between Romania and France. Do you know the price for a chip like that ? And can it be adapted for automotive use ?

I added a Digi Key link to my original post. Typically a demo board in a few versions for those chips can be had for around $10 USD so I would guess depending on choice of chip they do not cost much. Originally developed by ISD they are now manufactured by Nuvoton Technology Corporation of America. Hope that helps, they are very, very common chips so I would guess they can be had anywhere.

Ron

ok so let's say I get my hands on one of those chips , can you be so kind to explain me which steps should I follow to record my sound , attach some speakers and a trigger ?

I am very new to electronics so sorry for my stupid questions !

First you would look at the collection of ISD chips in the Digi Key link I provided. Things like record duration and quality to find a chip that will give you what you want as to for example time and quality of recording. Most offer kits and data sheets to learn more about the selected chip. I am merely pointing out this as one possible solution to your initial post. There are likely other ways to go about it and maybe another member will stop with a solution. The trick becomes choosing a chip with a data sheet so the pin outs can be seen and applied. No problem at all with the questions.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back