Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Snooker Table with Wireless Technology Help Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sham12345

Hi!

I need some help with my idea of a Electronic Snooker Table with Wireless Technology.

Each pocket on the Snooker table will have a colour sensor, each time a ball is potted a wireless signal is sent to the Electronic Scoreboard.

I need to include some sort of wireless capabilities in this idea because it's a part of a University Project. Any Ideas how I could add RFID or Wireless to this?

The problems I have are:

1. What colour sensor would be able to read the 7 colour's on a Snooker table? (links to products?)
2. How will the signal be sent wirelessly to the electronic scoreboard?
3. How will I program the Electronic scoreboard, so once the data of the colour ball has been sent to the electronic board it adds the points.
4. How will the scoreboard be programmed so that the basic rules of snooker are followed? e.g. You have to pot a red 1st, if a different colour goes into the pocket then its a foul or after a red you have potted and you are about to pot the colour and the first colour you come into to contact with must be touched otherwise its a foul...

Not every aspect of the game can be electronic. e.g. a opponent misses the ball
That's why I am planning to add more functions to the score board such as buttons:

M - The Opponent has missed (failed to hit any ball or a wrong ball), 4 points are added to the other opponents points

Another thing I was thinking was to add a RFID tag to the Snooker Cue Stick. So that An RFID Reader can read who's on the table and taking the next shot & the electronic board puts points only for that person.

It may sound very complicated, but anybody who can help etc.. please :)

The Budget is not really important but it should be reasonable. It should just work in theory. I'm just writing a report not actually creating it.

Thanks!

Would this work to identify the coloured balls? ColorPAL

How would it be possible to send the data from the colour sensor to the micro controller?

Please reply need urgent help, don't know much about this technology :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back