Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjee

I'm thinking that the answer for this question is either A or B but I need someone else's opinion on this. Which one of the following signals is in common use in electronics today? A. continuous d.c.
B. constant amplitude a.c
C. Interrupted a.c.
I know that continuous d.c is a voltage but could it be considered a signal too? Thank you......

If the definition of a signal is the something that transfers information then only one of the three selections is the correct answer.

Think about this, too:

The first two choices could transmit information. However, the only data they could convey would be 1 bit of binary information (that is, either the presence or absence of the DC or AC current). Not very useful as a signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back