Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Projects Design Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcore misery

Hello guys...

i would like to ask for some recommendation on what Electronic Design project is feasible to build within 3 months... i'm doing some research but i'm trying my luck here.. the project should be complex but possible to build and hopefully it does have components which are not hard-to-find... I'm an ECE student, so the project should be releted and usefull to our course..

any inputs will be appreciated:)

This is a difficult request to answer, as most of didn't take your course, so we don't know what you have learned. For a 'Electronic Design' project, I'd guess you would be required to write up a proposal, design a circuit, make a PCB, assemble and test, troubleshoot and revise, and write a project summary. How many weeks do you have left before it needs to be turned in?

Obviously, your project must unique, not something your instructor has seen many times over the years. Might as well just by a kit from Radio Shack.

Your instructor is well aware of the course content and the quality of your efforts, so you would need to do something within your capacity, which of course doesn't look too impressive so far. We could only guess at what you cando, what your instructor expects, and what your classmates are working on.

There are quite a few people here who can help, but you need to start this on your own. We can look at a schematic, but we can't look into your life. While you are sitting class, what sort of things are you thinking about building? While I was in school, I use to get inspired all the time by something my instructor was discussing, and he thought I use to take a lot of notes...

^^ thank you :)

Our instructor allowed us to research for title proposals but we need to acknowledge the author of that file... we are allowed to use finished design, but we must UPDATE or at LEAST not copy the whole thing... all i need is IDEAS or proposals which are feasible, it can be a sensor based project (i have no idea of the prices of these sensors, but LDR's will be a usefull one, even IRED's)

the project is just an Electronic based one...as i've said, it may be a sensor based, or much greater if we can interface it in VISUAL BASIC PROGRAMMING, i'm doing this in advance because i don't want to hurry in doing this group project.:)

You wouldn't happen to know anything about microcontrollers? Sensors, interface, PC... You could use the MCU to read some sensors for light, temperature, wind speed, and send to the PC, where you can log a display it. Maybe just show the daily max for each. Maybe $20 or less... Without a microcontroller, lot more design work and expense, but not too bad.

Maybe not what you have in mind, I don't know. From a little information, ideas forms pretty quick for me.

^^ it's impossible for us to deal $$$ because were just students and we are from the Philippines... for Microcontrollers, we are currently taking that course, it's too bad for us, because we had finished taking up Logic Circuits, but we didn't have much applications on that course, that's why we didn't learn much knowledge on how to deal with flip-flops, latches... even the IC's part numbers for AND, OR, NAND gates are unknown to us.

Some of the first batch of graduated students of our school, made an improvised moving car, the concept was the use of LDR's and motors...

anyway, please don't hesitate to give some ideas on topic proposals or any electronic design ideas, for me to discuss with my group mates and decide on what project we will try to pursue:)

Good Day to all!

Okay, so you want something that uses logic and hopefully salvaged parts, or atleast very inexpensive. There use to be an awesome site for building B.E.A.M. robotics, but I couldn't find it last week, but several similar but not well detailed like the one I was looking for. These do a lot with just a few common parts. Most are powered by a small solar cell, but some are battery powered. Might be worth a search for you.

Using a PIC and a MAX232 would give you a microcontroller and a way to interface with a Visual Basic program via RS232. Make the PIC do something simple, and I'm sure someone on the net could get you some code to make the PIC do what you wanted it to and talk to the computer.

Maybe you could use the PWM output on a PIC to make a signal, lowpass it, and play it through a speaker to make simple tones? Make a little piano looking thing in Visual Basic and have the tones change when you click the 'keys'? That would be a quite easy project that would be kinda cool.

HarveyH42 said:
Okay, so you want something that uses logic and hopefully salvaged parts, or atleast very inexpensive. There use to be an awesome site for building B.E.A.M. robotics, but I couldn't find it last week, but several similar but not well detailed like the one I was looking for. These do a lot with just a few common parts. Most are powered by a small solar cell, but some are battery powered. Might be worth a search for you.

^^that would be very interesting:) however, i'm worried about the components to be used on that project, i wish that those are available here.

speakerguy79 said:
Using a PIC and a MAX232 would give you a microcontroller and a way to interface with a Visual Basic program via RS232. Make the PIC do something simple, and I'm sure someone on the net could get you some code to make the PIC do what you wanted it to and talk to the computer.

Maybe you could use the PWM output on a PIC to make a signal, lowpass it, and play it through a speaker to make simple tones? Make a little piano looking thing in Visual Basic and have the tones change when you click the 'keys'? That would be a quite easy project that would be kinda cool.

PIC=programmable IC?:confused: i hope that we can understand the operations of the components you'd said above, and also they must be available here:eek:
btw, i want to learn this new stuffs:D

hardcore misery said:
^^that would be very interesting:) however, i'm worried about the components to be used on that project, i wish that those are available here.

Perhaps if you had your location filled in on your profile we might know where you are?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back