Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic parts shop in london

Status
Not open for further replies.

preview

Hi all,

does anybody knows where I can find an electronic part shop (pic16x..., graphical lcds, resistors, etc) in london (central london if possible) ?

Thx

The short answer is that there is no shop in London that caters to all your requirements.
These types of shops were never very common and are now extremely rare. Most buying is done online or by mail order.
(Costs in London or other cities are too high to make such ventures financially viable)

A very neglected part of designing and building a project is sourcing all the components. There are often 1 or 2 parts that for a hobbyist are hard to get . This is why kits are so useful.

Places you can try in London (they all have their limitations they are more like argos shops):

**broken link removed** - I know they're not what they used to be and they are everbodys favourite whinge, but they still do carry some useful components and if it's local to you then you save on travelling time and costs.

In NW London there is Cricklewood Electronics
40-42 Cricklewood Broadway
London
London
**broken link removed**
tel:020 8452 0161 or 8450 0995
basic components: ICs; resistors; semiconductors etc.

Grandata
K.P. House , Unit 15
Pop In Commercial Centre
South Way
Wembley
**broken link removed**
tel:020 8900 2329
oriented towards the spares market

There is also **broken link removed**
404 Edgware Road
Paddington
London
W2 1ED
Tel: 0845 230 1175 or 020 7258 1831
Sundries, Sockets, Connectors.
They don't have that many components anymore but still worth a visit if you're in the vicinity (1.5km / 1 mile from Marble Arch).

**broken link removed**
29 / 35 Osborne Road
Thornton Heath
Surrey, England
**broken link removed**
Tel:020 8653 3333
Electronic surplus components equipment. Good for motors, batteries (A good place to wander but phone first.)

Langrex Supplies for obsolete valves and semiconductors. No longer in London.

The Google search is not very useful:
Most of the shops listed are TV / HiFi or ICE shops.
PC World does not stock components although they do have PC parts

Last edited:
JayCar have shops in Austrsalia and New Zealand and mail order web sites and free call phone numbers in the US/Canada and the UK.

UK www.jaycarelectronics.co.uk, phone 0800 032 7241.

USA/Canada www.jaycar.com, phone 1800 784 0263.

They have a wide range of components, but I was told (I have a paper copy of their catalogue) that their search engine is not very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back