Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Part Database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iflymyhelishigh

Is there an electronic database that you can use on a Windows or Mac machine for keeping track of what parts you have?

I was thinking about coding one for windows using Visual .NET haha

I could never find one...I started to write one in Java one time and got pretty far with it, but never did finish the project. Maybe a nice new one has come out...it would be wonderful for more uncommon parts to help keep track of them...resistors and such...not so much.

I think a lot of folks tend to use Excel, if that helps you any. You can use drop-down lists and sorting and do some pretty complex stuff with it. You might look into that...you can write some nice macros in VBA with it as well.

It would take some time, especially if you've never done it before.

I may pick up my Java project as sort of a side-project again, but consider using Excel for now...you can get all the data you need in there and it's very accessible. You probably won't find any out there, because there really aren't any except for things like web shopping carts and such. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back