Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Options!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elec_you

Hi everyone i am a new member here, i am in third year electrical end electronics Engineering.
This year i will choose an option from four available ( Telecommunication, Control, Comuter sciencesl, Power (commande Electrique (fr)) ).
Can anyone give me an overview of any specialty? I ask you this because i want to have more ideas to choose the one that fit me.
Thanks a lot!

Telecommunication, power or control, all because they're skills really needed by industry.

Hi ,
I have chosen electronics because i was curious and i am still curious to know and understand how all electronic equipments work and because also it's the top of technology...anyway i like this field and i learn it with pleasure...To tell you the truth all these fields attract me for example I want to do Telecom because i want to know how it is used in our daily life and understand the principles ..and same thing for other subjects ...anyway i have still some weeks to make the right decision...hope I'll get more advice from you!
thanks a lot!

Well, computer science is mostly programming ( not to be confused with computer engineering ) Control sounds generic, and can mean almost anything. Power is going to be like generation and distibution, not really electronics, at least not to the extent as others. That leave telecom, your most fav choice anyway :)

Last edited:
You'll probably find that after you start work, you're going to have to go back and take some courses from the fields you do not choose. For example, my degree was in micro electronics. But when I began work, I realized I needed more education on computer science/computer engineering. So I went back to shcool at night to pick up some of these things.

I think it will probably be PLCs and PID routines etc (the control module). I recently went to a university open day (I am starting this year) and that was what their control module entailed.
I imagine it is a very important module if you want to go into any form of industrial process design etc.

Here in my country we have the opportunity to work most of time with international compagnies that work in the oilfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back