Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Muscle Workout Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascalin

Hi !

I'd like to make my own Electronic Muscle Workout Machines, avoiding electrocutation ofcourse :D

Does anyone have a simple circuit diagram ?

Thanks !!

The TV article reported that the muscle twitchers don't do anything like a real workout does, and that the quacks who sold the things were prosecuted for false advertising.

Regardless of whether or not it worked, it was a brilliant idea on the inventor's side because you could actually SEE it doing something and making your muscles twitch :lol:

Part of working out is establishing more connections to the muscles from the brain. I don't think you'd establish any without your brain telling the muscle to work.

There is a huge difference between making a muscle work-out and do real work, and just making a muscle do a feeble twitch.

When you work-out you also exercise your cardio-repiratory system. I don't think a twitching muscle affects it.

audioguru said:
There is a huge difference between making a muscle work-out and do real work, and just making a muscle do a feeble twitch.

When you work-out you also exercise your cardio-repiratory system. I don't think a twitching muscle affects it.

Yes, it's useless, and initial exercising just burns muscle mass, NOT fat, so you're reducing your muscle size with something like that. You need to get your heart rate to about 75% of your maximum rate (based on your age), and keep it there for an hour.

It's been a few years since I've been to the gym?, but I seem to remember that the maximum rate is something like 220 minus your age?. I used it to get fitter after I took my green belt, but then I tore my groin a week before I took my brown belt (not in the gym though), passed my brown OK (but very carefully!), but after not going to the gym for months I lost the habit :cry:

Nigel Goodwin said:
pascalin said:
at least it would be usefull for sadomasoquist terapies

Depends on the voltage 8)
They use the mains for torture, don't they?
The muscle will twitch so hard it will break bones. A good workout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back