Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronic measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.

4electros

My friends i need good tutorials websites about measurements and digital measuring instruments such as:
encoder-decoder-latches-flip flops-counters-shift registers-A/D conversion - D/A conversion- Ladder lattice-Oscilloscopes ...

In general electrical and electronic measurements which an electronic engineering have to learn..

Thanks in advance!!

Anyway, I studied 4 years for my Bachelor's in EE, and still have no idea what it's about. Anyway, here's just a listing of the general areas of EE to start you off in deciding which field you want to look into.

Circuit Theory
Digital Design
Semiconductor Theory
Control Theory
Communications
Signal Processing
Embedded Systems
Analog/Digital IC Design
Electromagnetics
Power Engineering
Computer Vision

Have you done a search of this forum for "flip flop", "A/D", "decoders" etc.?

There have been many discussions on such topics.

Len

tutorials

ljcox said:

Len

I need tutorials about these subjects not general discussions, i'm searching through google site but i need also your suggestion and your help.

Re: tutorials

4electros said:
ljcox said:

Len

I need tutorials about these subjects not general discussions, i'm searching through google site but i need also your suggestion and your help.

I don't know of any sites that may help as, after many years of doing digital design, I don't need them. However, if you do the searches I mentioned, you may find reference to such sites.

Len

4electros said:
encoder-decoder-latches-flip flops-counters-shift registers
All these are usually covered in introductory digital design courses. They are less seldom used standalone nowadays except for very specific applications. However, they are still taught as a precursor to more advanced courses such as reconfigurable logic and vlsi.

**broken link removed**
Note: This site only touches on the components but does not really cover any digital design techniques.

As for the rest, no other advice besides google.

Re: tutorials

4electros said:
ljcox said:

Len

You really need books on the subjects. Web links & tutorials are nice but it sounds like you are after a much more thorough treatment & foundation of the subjects.

Cant agree more. A serious understanding of the subject would require a book. These are fundamentals, and not getting your fundamentals right will only give you more headache when you move on to more advanced topics.

Re: how

4electros said:
how can we really find good tutorial lessons about our courses at electronics ....!!! :(

I don't know what country you live in, but the electronics shops in Australia sell books on basic electronics. So I suggest you look at the books on these sites and see if any suit your needs. If so, you may be able to find similar books in your country.

www.jaycar.com.au www.altronics.com.au www.dse.com.au.

Len

Even to learn digital electronics, at a JR. College the prerequisits are algebra, trig, basic electronics, advanced electronics, circuit designing, computer logic ect.
REQUIRED COURSES CREDITS

BMGMT
220 Human Relations in the Workplace 3
ELECT
101 Direct Current *-+ 5

ELECT
102 Alternating Current*-+ 5

ELECT
103 Introduction to Solid-State*+ 5

ELECT
106 Electronic Fabrication 1

ELECT
111 Direct Current Circuit Laboratory*- 3

ELECT
112 Alternating Current Circuit Lab*- 3

ELECT
113 Basic Solid-State Laboratory*- 3

ELECT
160 Computer Applications I*- 2

ELECT
165 Introduction to Digital Logic*- 4

ELECT
166 Introduction to Digital Logic Lab*- 2

ELECT
170 Computer Applications II*- 2

ELECT
201 Solid-State Devices* 5

ELECT
202 Advanced Solid-State Devices* 5

ELECT
203 Special Circuits* 5

ELECT
211 Solid-State Lab* 3

ELECT
212 Advanced Solid-State Circuit Lab* 3

ELECT
213 Special Circuits Laboratory* 3

ELECT
225 Advanced Digital Circuits* 5

ELECT
227 Microcomputers* 3

ELEC
228 Advanced Microprocessors* 3

ELECT
235 Advanced Digital Circuits Laboratory* 2

ELECT
237 Microcomputer Laboratory* 2

ELECT
238 Advanced Microprocessor Lab* 2

ENGL
101 Composition* 5

ENGL
102 Composition* 5

or

ENGL
104 Technical Writing* 5

MATH
119 College Algebra*- 5

Successful completion of additional courses numbered 100 and above

TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED 99

and thats what I had. Whew

Re: how

ljcox said:
I don't know what country you live in, but the electronics shops in Australia sell books on basic electronics. So I suggest you look at the books on these sites and see if any suit your needs. If so, you may be able to find similar books in your country.

www.jaycar.com.au www.altronics.com.au www.dse.com.au.

Len

My friend, i live in syria do you know where is syria?
here in our country we have a big problem concerning to books especially science books and electronics.. so i try to find what i need through the internet ....may i ask a question?! I 've recently found interative java tutorials about general concepts in physics but is there any interative java tutorial for electronics?

I don't know what to say more, here we can discuss freely about our interests..

My all respect to you my friends!!

Yes, I know where Syria is. I received your email and will answer it.

I don't know of any internet sites.

You could order books from one of the shops I mentioned as they have a mail order service.

Len

Try this as a start.
Its HTML but its interactive with the math.

**broken link removed**

Just type in electronics tutorial in your search.

good start

1st Mil-tech said:
Try this as a start.
Its HTML but its interactive with the math.

**broken link removed**

Just type in electronics tutorial in your search.

I think this is better to start with:
http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/

it has many many links about various subjects ...

dear friends if anyone find any good tutorial website about electronics , please do it and inform us here..

my best respect for you all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back