Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Lock Door system with server database

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaver26

hello to all, i just want to ask anyone who have in-depth knowledge about microcontroller specifically using pic16f877a

im thinking about certain features:

1. MCU interface to a server unit with database to monitor the login/logout of user's on the room to be implemented.

2. 6 digit PIN CODE will be entered to a numeric keypad and retrieved the user's information from the server unit and lock/unlock the door via MCU.

3. the server will be able to monitor the time of login and logout of the user on the prticular room but entering the 6digit pin code on the numeric keypad before entering and before closing the door

4. the system will have an alarm in a form of a buzzer prior to the end of room usage stated on the server.

my question is that:

are my goals attainable? namely retrieving data thru MCU going to the server ?

this will be the flow:

keypad==>MCU==>server (if true) ==>back to MCU ==> door lock/unlock
server (if false) ==> back to MCU ==> keypad Access denied

hope someone would reply on this..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back