Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic ignition control system

Status
Not open for further replies.

royal1979

Hi Everybody,

I would like to make " Electronic ignition control system for the four stroke, four cylinder engine".

It's consist inductive crankshaft sensor for input signal.
PIC microcontroller is used to control ignition coil.
I can use only PIC microcontroller because it only can get in my country.
It may be with distributor or distributorless.
Anyone can help me?
Circuit and program are needed for my project.

Please help me.
My country is developing country so It's difficult to get require documents and parts.

Royal

Can you get an LM1815 where you are? It's a nice chip for reading inductive sensors, and would simplify the design.

Running 2 coils in waste spark, or individual coils would be simplest.

After that, it's all timers, math, and an ignition lookup table. If you want this this to be tricky or have a course trigger resolution, you can try to adapt to changing engine speeds. If the engine speed is accelerating, you'll need to reduce the timing accordingly to hit the correct degree mark and vice versa.

Hello,

I'm from Myanmar(formerly known as Burma). Yes, may be get LM1815. Moreover I can construct sensor interfacing circuit with schmitt trigger circuit.
How PIC determine engine RPM and how produce outputsignal for four cylinder engine. I can't write program.Help me.

Royal

Hi
Frist you have to select the Engine of the car you are going to design the ignition controller to it, Most of the car engines contain the sensors of the crankshaft angle CAS and the camshaft TDC which is used to determine the Top Dead Center TDC is the point were the piston is as close to the cylinder head as possible.using these to sensors you can design the Ignition controller

If programming the PIC is your main hurdle, then unfortunately I can't help you with that.

Inductive trigger sensing has been a notorious problem with alot of EMS's. If you think you can make up a reliable circuit, that's fine. I found it easier to just get the LM1815, which is made for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back