Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronic gate lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

silent_thunder

circuit diagram of electronic gate lock design..with barcode as control access..i need help about this..i am a student..this serves our project this sem..thnks a lot..

Your request is too vague for anyone to help you. We need more details: how will the barcode be accessed--with a scanner? What size gate are we talking about? Power source? Other controls (like an unlock control from inside the gate)?

Also, since you're obviously asking us to help you with your homework (this should really have been posted in the Homework forum), it would help a lot if you showed the slightest bit of initiative and explained what you've figured out and where you're stuck. Don't expect us to just hand you the answer on a silver platter!

Last edited:
needs help on electronic gate lock design

i am a student,,and we need to build an electronic gate with the use of barcode as the access control and in able to unlock the gate..thanks a lot for the to-be shared info..

I'll bite, so what exactly do you need help with? Do you have an outline? A plan maybe? Do you have anything at all?

Ron

sorry sir if it is unclear..
..i have here an schematic diagram of a door lock - **broken link removed**

and how to connect this to a barcode device?

Last edited:
..actually i have a plan on this..
i search for a circuit diagram of a door lock that could possibly open by a barcode device..this device serves as the switch to unlock the door..
here is the circuit diagram..**broken link removed**

..actually i have a plan on this..
i search for a circuit diagram of a door lock that could possibly open by a barcode device..this device serves as the switch to unlock the door..
here is the circuit diagram..**broken link removed**

sorry sir if it is unclear..
..i have here an schematic diagram of a door lock **broken link removed**
my question is, how to connect this to a barcode device..is it possible to connect this to the barcode?

Last edited:
All of this depends on how you want to do it. The electromechanical device on the door is called a "striker" or "door strike". You would connect the bar code reader to a computer however you choose to do so using a port. For example a USB port. You could also connect the reader to a uController and have that do the work. Using a computer you would create a data base with names and numbers for access through the door. You need to write the software for the scanner. When a bar code is scanned the software looks at the data base. If it finds a matching name & number it opens the door with an interface I/O device between the computer and door.

Ron

..i have here an schematic diagram
Well, that's a good start. Perhaps you'd care to post it here so that we can see it?

design lock

..i have here a searched schematic diagram of a door lock - **broken link removed**

is it possible to connect this to the barcode device?

to :sir reloadron
i think the uController you are referring to is the PIC12C508..am i right?

..just for the clarification with the your statement above sir, the I/O device you mentioned , is this the striker or door strike and the microcontroller?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back