Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Gas Lighter for LPG gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

vik1501

Can somebody tell me how do I make an electronic gas lighter using say 9V battery which is portable and can be used for lighting LPG (cooking gas) !!

You could do that, or you could just crack open one of those lighters that makes a "click" whenever you light it. Inside is a pizeolectric crystal I think. Anyways, it will make a spark that is about 3cm long or so, and it will light off cooking gas im sure. Just put it close enough to any metal and the spark will jump across . . . Unless you really want to make a circuit.

Hmm, a stun gun would probably do the job too. Though you might melt the plastic when the flame kicks in. And amuzingly dangerous too!

My BBQ grille uses an electronic ignitor that only takes a single AA battery and throws a heck of a spark. Go down to your local Home Depot or similar hardware store and get a replacement one of those. Should do quite nicely.
Dialtone

i thing dialtones is the bast idea.

how about an 20kV TV flyback trasformer.It sod make 2cm arcs whith altlest 100W of power! :twisted:

BTW:
Its an piezo ingitor.Wen it clicks a litle hamer inside it hits the piezo element at about 20N of force.The piezo element then trasformes that force in to electricety cat ignites the gas,makes an nice blue arc or gives you a shock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back