Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Feedback Gen Device for those loud Car Stereo

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlert

I would like to find a project or circuit design for a device that can disrupe those loud car sound systems by inserting a feedback signal into the Amp., as they past by the house. They are annoying me @ all hours of the night, so I want to annoy them everytime they past the house. Any ideals?

To each his own... If they like to play their stereo loud, let them...

But, beeing one of those loud ones myself :p ... I regret to inform you most of us play a CD or MD (not radio), so there's nothing that can interfere with it ...

Air Rifle? Spikes in the road? Some flashing blue lights?

Perhaps. Anyway, all I can think of is something based on the effect that mobile phones have on speakers (the noise that the interference causes when someone rings you). However, this wouldn't stop the 'music', it would just annoy the people in the car - maybe thats what you want?!?

Tim

grrr_arrghh said:
if you're gonne use that on everything that makes noise then there won't be much truck's left by the end of the day :lol:

grrr_arrghh said:
Perhaps. Anyway, all I can think of is something based on the effect that mobile phones have on speakers (the noise that the interference causes when someone rings you). However, this wouldn't stop the 'music', it would just annoy the people in the car - maybe thats what you want?!?
Tim

That will only work close by (in the car)... Or you have to use mobile phone signals at very high intensity wich would also affect all other systems in the neighborhood (your own tv, radio, electro equipment, as well as your neighbors ...). Secondly, because of all the commotion mobile phones caused (possibly beeing hazardous for health) I don't think using it at much greater intensities would be safe ...

And it would probabely be illegal...

Perhaps the most realistic approach would be to just deal with it ...
everything in our modern world makes noise. trucks, planes, the neighbor mowing his lawn.... If you can't stand that then put plugs in your ears or go live in a jungle ... and even there it's full of noise

Exo said:
grrr_arrghh said:
if you're gonne use that on everything that makes noise then there won't be much truck's left by the end of the day :lol:

grrr_arrghh said:
Tim

That will only work close by (in the car)... Or you have to use mobile phone signals at very high intensity wich would also affect all other systems in the neighborhood (your own tv, radio, electro equipment, as well as your neighbors ...). Secondly, because of all the commotion mobile phones caused (possibly beeing hazardous for health) I don't think using it at much greater intensities would be safe ...

And it would probabely be illegal...

Perhaps the most realistic approach would be to just deal with it ...
everything in our modern world makes noise. trucks, planes, the neighbor mowing his lawn.... If you can't stand that then put plugs in your ears or go live in a jungle ... and even there it's full of noise

VERY illegal. You can potentially be fined many thousands of dollars for this. Radio stations pay lots of money to broadcast and licensing.

Several years ago when I lived next to a very busy street, I thought it would be handy to have a short-range missle, similar to a stinger, which would home in on the source of high volume, low-frequency sound. But then I thought, whos gonna clean up all those blown-up cars just down the street? Another idea was to design a EMP (electromagnetic pulse) generator where you could simply pull up behind or beside the source and zap it with EMP and burn out his gear. But with all the computers and such in cars nowadays, shielding my OWN car from EMP was the problem. In the end, I moved, but mainly because my landlord was a jerk. Just last year though, our city began enforcing a noise ordinance to cut down on the "thump stereos". If the cops catch you doing it, first time it's a warning, second time it's a ticket, third time they confiscate the gear. It's quite a bit quieter here than before ...

As a last resort there is allways EMP!
:twisted:

and allthough crude schematics and theory papers can be found
on the web , well... it would make an interesting project.

ahh good old EMPs i have been read my of the forms where people are having problems with electronics annoying them and it always comes down to making an EMP :twisted:

batman24 said:
ahh good old EMPs i have been read my of the forms where people are having problems with electronics annoying them and it always comes down to making an EMP :twisted:

And yet has anyone ever created an EMP device that did anything??

As far as I know, while military almost certainly has non-nuclear EMP generators with some useful result, all the homebrew stuff is about as fictional as the perpetual motion machines people claim to have made.

It sounds plausible to cook sensitive electronics at a few inches or maybe a few feet with a massive enough device. A magnetron can do that, but I just I can't imagine a homebuilt device creating an area effect or focused ranged effect. Affecting stereo equipment shielded inside a car frame is much less possible on top of that. Cops have wanted to be able to fry a car's computer from an external attack, and despite all the money on the table, nobody's come up with such a device. Of course, if it's not focused, it would endanger all the video and computer systems inside the police cruiser too, as well as the cruiser's own engine computer. Presumably, if an EMP device with a significant range could be homemade, it would already have gotten into the news for causing trouble even while being tested unless you want to subscribe to a massive government coverup theory.

Still everyone seems to talk about them as if you could just throw something together like a Tesla coil.

I hear you!

I lived with trains and loud road noise but this is just plain not being neighborly. I have to think that they will get theirs back 10 fold. If i could invent a small device to interfere with speakers only momentarily I would do it. I have a neighbor that is an idiot. I cannot even approach him to talk to him...he keeps pit bulls in the front yard, unleashed, and the county will do nothing. I can't move because no one wants to buy my house. It is very bad. I guess my only option is noise ordinances. I guess when these people replicate and have babies they might think twice about the noise.

Call the cops 12 times a night reporting a noise disturbance EVERY time one passes by, and back it up with a video/audio tape of it. You report it enough, they'll park a cop on that street a few nights in a row with a sound meter, and you won't have trouble after the first half dozen guys get pulled over. Much more effective a 'device' than anything anyone could make, considering to disrupt the audio from the in car CD/MP3 player would entail you getting close enough to be able to smash the amp with a hammer. If the police refuse to do anything with documented recordings of the offenses on tape you can call a lawyer at that point, and then things really get fun.

To each his own... If they like to play their stereo loud, let them...

But, beeing one of those loud ones myself :p ... I regret to inform you most of us play a CD or MD (not radio), so there's nothing that can interfere with it ...
If you're one of the idiots that want to play noise (it's too charitable to call it music) loud enough to kill your hearing, that's your business. But if you play it where I can hear it, then it's my business.

I don't like hearing the trucks and motorcycles with no mufflers. They disturb everybody within a couple of miles.

I heard a loud noise then saw a very old airplane flying very low. On the news that night they said it crashed not far from my home.

My daughter complained of hearing a very loud kid's car. It was me!:eek:

The problem is they don't play the music loud they probably only have like 20-50 watts MAX for their mids and highs, they put 1000 watts into the bass though, that doesn't damage hearing as much, but it sure goes a long way.

If you could put a large coil into or on top of the roadbed, something at least as big as a car, or preferably many cars long and many turns of wire, it might be possible to put some AF power into that loop and generate enough magnetic field that it would couple into the vehicle's wiring. This would take a lot of power since the vehicle is a pretty good magnetic shield and CD players have their own shielding. But if it could be done, then it would be interesting to drive it with a feedback system based on a pickup microphone near the road. The microphone feeds the loud music into the power amp, which in turn pumps that field into the car and causes audible interference. You could get some pretty neat audio feedback going.

I like that idea RadioRon =) You would need a massive HV capacitor bank to do any real damage though, but now we're getting into criminal activity here =)

Does anybody realise that this is a 4+ year old thread, resurrected as a first post, which does not contribute to the original discussion.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back